Habitat For Humanity has provided me with a small nonprofit fee in exchange for participating in this campaign. All opinions are 100% my own. I fully support this amazing cause!
Habitat for Humanity’s Home Is The Key
Today’s post is part of Habitat for Humanity’s Home Is The Key campaign.
Habitat for Humanity asked me to help bring awareness to the affordable housing crisis we’re facing as a nation. I didn’t hesitate to help spread the word. My home means a lot to me, as I’m sure yours does to you. It’s hard to think about all the people who struggle every day in this country, without a safe haven to call their own.
Last year, as part of this campaign I talked about our kitchen, as the Key to our home. This year, after thinking more about what our home means to us, I decided to talk about our front entry.
Once inside my home, I know I can fully relax and unwind. Regardless of how stressful the world is, home feels safe and welcoming. As soon as I set foot in the door, I can feel my spirits lift- some days more than others.
It’s horrible to imagine how much more stressful and scary our daily lives would be without a safe haven to return to.That’s why Habitat for Humanity is such an amazing organization! Habitat for Humanity doesn’t just help build houses for families to live in. They provide ownership. A home for families to feel safe and take pride in. A home to create lasting memories in. A place to call their own!
Here are some very upsetting statistics:
- One in four households in the United States spends more than 30% of their income on housing. This doesn’t leave much to cover other basic needs such as food and clothing.
- It is nearly impossible for a full-time employee earning only minimum wage to afford a one-bedroom home in the United States.
Here’s how we can all help:
- DONATE: Visit the Habitat for Humanity website and make a donation.
- SHOP: Several corporate sponsors have generously offered to make donations when you purchase certain items from their stores. Some of these items would make GREAT Mother’s Day gifts~!
- Chico’s: Every sale of a signature slub t-shirt from April 1 – May 31st will support Habitat. In addition $5. from every gift card over $25.00 in value will go to Habitat!
- White House Black Market: From April 1 – May 31st White House Black Market will donate $5 from the sale of each gift card over $25.
- Soma Intimates: From April 1st -May 31, Soma will donate $5. from the sale of each gift card over $25. in value.
- At Home: In addition to featuring Habitat as the register fundraising partner throughout April, At Home will donate $4.55 per coaster from the sale of select coaster sets that give back to Habitat, beginning in April until supplies last.
- O’Cedar:O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop sold by O-Cedar to any U.S. retail channel in the U.S. from April 1 to May 31.
- SHARE: You don’t even have to spend any money to make a donation! Nissan will donate $5 every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media in April. So start please start tweeting, Instagramming, and Facebooking! It’s that easy! Thank you so much!
Photos by Julia Dags.