If you’re looking for ideas and things to do in Manchester, Vermont…other than skiing and outlet shopping!
Things to do in Manchester Vermont
Happy Columbus Day weekend and greetings from the Green Mountain state.
Today I thought I’d share a few of the photos I was inspired to capture during our visit to Hildene,
the historic summer home of Robert Todd Lincoln in the town of Manchester, Vermont.
The classic architecture of this original gilded age estate, combined with the perfect fall weather and Vermont mountain scenery literally took my breath away.
We’ve been coming up to the Manchester area for years and somehow managed to miss this gem until yesterday.
If you’re ever in the southern Vermont area, I highly recommend this beautiful (and educational) venue.
The grounds alone are breathtaking and you can also take a tour inside this historic home.
Porte cochere of Hildene estate.
Perfectly manicured gardens.
The perfect spot for an outdoor wedding.
Even more things to do in Manchester, Vermont!
In addition to all the outlets, Manchester and the surrounding towns has so much to offer!
There’s plenty of hiking trails, art galleries, and various outdoor activities.
If you’re still looking for some other fun ideas and outings, here’s a mini Travel Guide -I highly recommend the following:
- The Northshire Bookstore – this is my favorite bookstore of all time! You can get lost in here, don’t miss the children’s section.
- In warm weather, the Dorset Quarry should not be missed!
- Stratton Mountain, Bromley Mountain and Mount Equinox are all less than 15 minutes away for all of the ski and snowboarding enthusiasts.
- Riley Rink offers ice skating
- The American museum of fly fishing.
- Try cross country skiing on the golf course at Stratton Country Club
- Sleigh rides
- Southern Vermont Arts Center
all images via: Sue De Chiara