Day Before Thanksgiving Checklist
It’s our turn to host Thanksgiving this year. If I ever wrote a book about entertaining, I think it would be called The Anxious Hostess.
Even though this is far from my first time hosting, I still tend to overthink and stress everything I need to do. Having a list and taking care of as many things ahead of time really helps me calm down…as does wine;)
Here’s my list for the day before Thanksgiving. This assumes all the food is already ordered, assigned to various guests, prepared or all set to be prepared tomorrow morning.
Set the table first!
Setting the table and cleaning the house are both “no brainers”-
In fact, if you can delegate the task to your significant other or child, even better!
Here’s a handy chart to help you get the table set right.
You can always come back and make it pretty afterwards:)
Then, I make sure to do the following:
1. Stock up on those handy disposable containers so you can pack up all those fabulous leftovers.
2. Make sure you have basic items like milk, pretty guest towels, club soda, coffee, tea, etc.
3. Don’t forget the bar and most importantly start making ice now…or plan on buying some.
4. Lay out any serving pieces, champagne/wine glasses and trays
the night before. It’s always a good idea to inspect the things you
don’t use that often, they might need a bit spiffing and or washing
before the big day.
5. Which leads to making sure you have enough dish washing liquid and dish washer detergent, and also hand soap for the powder room.
6. Having plenty of trash bags on hand is also key!
7. Flowers are always a nice touch. I like to keep it simple with tulips from the supermarket.
So those are my tips, clearly I’m no Martha Stewart:)
Hopefully, all will go well…I’ll be taking the day off from the blog tomorrow, but I’ll be back with a post on the Best of Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2017 sales. So be sure to check back on Friday, as I’ve been working all week on finding the best deals!
Wish me luck and Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!!!
PS: If you’re looking to get a head start on a little holiday shopping…be sure to check out this gift guide!
I”ll be covering the Best of Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019 sales. So be sure to check back on Friday, as I’ve been working all week on finding the best deals!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase something, I may get a small commission from it at no cost to you. For more info, please read my disclaimer. I only refer things that I truly love and hope you will too!