The world of beauty products is a daunting endless one, with hot new products hitting the market on what seems like a daily basis. So today, I thought I’d round up my all time favorite beauty products- tried and tested and loved for years. These are my beauty must haves…
1. Orgasm blush by Nars – yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: via Allure magazine. It’s a very flattering easy to wear pink shade. I’ve got pale skin with olive undertones.
2. Clarisonic -yrs using this: at least 4 first discovered it: via my dermatologist’s office. Use this almost everyday in the shower to clean my face. Tried other cleaners, always come back to this.
3. Cetaphil moisturizing lotion -yrs using this: at least 20! first discovered it: via my old dermatologist’s office in NYC. Use this everyday – literally the best hand and body moisturizer!
4. Cetaphil soap -yrs using this: also at least 20! first discovered it: via my old dermatologist’s office in NYC. Use this everyday – used to have uncomfortably dry skin and this has helped SO much! The only body soap I’ll use.
5. Molecule 01 Eau de Toilette – yrs using this: at least 7 first discovered it: via my friend Carolyn. Pretty much the only perfume I ever wear. Get SO many compliments…LOVE this stuff!
6. Silk Pillowcases -yrs using this: at least 8 first discovered it: via an article in New York Magazine. Great for extending the life of a blow out and no more sheet marks on my face. Swear by it so much I tend to take it with me on vacations.
7. Bobbi Brown Bronzer – yrs using this: at least 5 first discovered it: randomly tried it at a department store and loved it. Tried using other highlighters and bronzers and ALWAYS go back to this one. I wear the golden light number 1 shade, works for my pale / olive undertone complexion.
8. Tracie Martyn Resculpting Cream –yrs using this: about 2 first discovered it: tried it at after LOVING the Tracie Martyn cleanser for several years (see below) and loved it. Use it religiously every night before bed, after I wash my face. Very moisturizing but not greasy, gets absorbed right in. Smells so pretty too!
9. Rene Furterer Karinga Hydrating Styling Leave-In Cream – yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: from my old hair stylist in NYC. Great for taming frizz and fly away hair. Helps add shine. I have a lot of fine hair that tends to get frizzy in humid weather. I straighten it, but it’s naturally wavy/curly.
10. Cle De Peau Concealer -yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: This concealer has won SO many beauty awards that I forgot how I first discovered it. It’s expensive but the BEST concealer for dark under eye circles I’ve ever tried. Will never even try another! I wear the Ivory shade.
11. Tracie Martyn Amla Purifying Cleanser -yrs using this: at least 15! first discovered it: via Ophra’s favorite things! I have sensitive/dry skin and this cleanser has never given me a problem. It’s gentle and smells pretty too. I keep a bottle in the shower and use it with my Clarisonic.
12. Laura Mercier Tinted Mosturizer –yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: Recommended my friend Adina. I’ve tried to get on board with CC creams and BB creams and primers and even different tinted moisturizers, but have come back to this one so many times that now I’ve finally stopped looking to switch. It’s light weight but adds just enough color to look pretty but still natural. I don’t feel like I’m coated in makeup when I wear this…plus it has a little SPF and it’s moisturizing! I wear the Sand shade.
13. Lancome Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner yrs using this: SINCE HIGH SCHOOL! first discovered it:
via a department store makeover in NYC. Granted I use a lot less since my high school days, just a thin subtle touch now…but I think this is the one beauty product that I’ve stuck with for decades!
14. HS Flatiron -yrs using this: at least 5 first discovered it:
This was recommended by my hairstylist here in CT. I’ve been flat ironing my hair since the nineties…so I’ve gone through a considerable number of flat irons through the years. The expensive ones the cheap ones…you name it. This one is priced right and mine has lasted over a year now!
15. Pro Facial Steamer –yrs using this: only a few months- this is the only beauty product I bought in 2017 that I LOVE! first discovered it: Recommended by a podcast. Great for dry wintry skin.
16. Micellar Cleansing Water –yrs using this: about 2- first discovered it: From a pharmacist in Italy! You can read about it here…love it so much I wrote a whole post about it!
17. Shu Uemura Eye Eyelash Curler -yrs using this: at least 15 first discovered it:From an Allure beauty awards round up. It’s the best for catching and curling and pushing up every lash and making you look more awake!
So as you can see, when I love a product I tend to stick with it for years! The few beauty products I tend to experiment with are mascara (right now loving this one by Lancome) eye brow pencils and gels (heard great things about this one) lip glosses (tend to favor these a lot), shampoos, conditioners and face masks. So if you have any tried and true favorites, I’d LOVE to know about it in the comments!