all time favorite beauty buys
This post first appeared here in 2019.
Over the weekend, out of curiosity, I went back and reviewed everything here.
Guess what? I’m happy to say I still stand by ALL of these products.
The only thing I’ve changed up since 2019 is the Nars blush.
Now I use the cream stick version, called The Multiple, because it’s less drying, more of a healthy glow.
The rest is still the same!
So, today I simply want to give a shout out to my favorite beauty products of all time!
My all time favorite beauty buys….here they are:
1.Orgasm blush by Nars – yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: via Allure magazine.
It’s a very flattering easy to wear pink shade.
My skin tone is pretty pale with olive undertones.
2.Clarisonic -yrs using this: at least 5 first discovered it: via my dermatologist’s office.
Use this almost everyday in the shower to clean my face.
Tried other face cleaners, including those popular silicone ones, they’re over hyped in my opinion.
I always come back to this- truly a timeless buy in the beauty department.
3. Cetaphil moisturizing lotion -yrs using this: at least 20! first discovered it: via my old dermatologist’s office in NYC.
Use this everyday – literally the best hand and body moisturizer!
4.Cetaphil soap-yrs using this: also at least 20! Doesn’t get much more timeless than this for beauty buys!
First discovered it: via my old dermatologist’s office in NYC. Use this everyday – used to have uncomfortably dry skin and this has helped SO much! The only body soap I’ll use.
5. Molecule 01 Eau de Toilette– yrs using this: at least 7 first discovered it: via my friend Carolyn.
Pretty much the only perfume I ever wear now.
I get SO many compliments…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this scent!
6. Silk Pillowcases-yrs using this: at least 8 first discovered it: via an article in New York Magazine.
Great for extending the life of a blow out and no more sheet marks on my face.
Swear by it so much I even take it with me when I travel now!
7.Bobbi Brown Bronzer – yrs using this: at least 5 first discovered it: randomly tried it at a department store and loved it.
Tried using other highlighters and bronzers and ALWAYS go back to this one. I wear the golden light number 1 shade, works for my pale / olive undertone complexion.
8. Tracie Martyn Resculpting Cream –yrs using this: about 2 first discovered it: tried it at after LOVING the Tracie Martyn cleanser for several years (see below) and loved it.
Use it religiously every night before bed, after I wash my face.
Very moisturizing but not greasy, gets absorbed right in.
Smells so pretty too!
9. Rene Furterer Karinga Hydrating Styling Leave-In Cream – yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: from my old hair stylist in NYC.
This is the only hair product I’m fully loyal to. Great for taming frizz and fly away hair. Helps add shine. I have a lot of fine hair that tends to get frizzy in humid weather.
I straighten it, but it’s naturally wavy/curly.
10. Cle De Peau Concealer-yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it:This concealer has won SO many beauty awards that I forgot how I first discovered it.
It’s got a hefty price tag, however, it’s hands down the BEST concealer for dark under eye circles and dark spots I’ve ever tried.
Will never even try another!
I wear the beige shade.
I’ve been told by the Cleu De Peau beauty reps this is the most popular shade for fair/light complexions .
11. Tracie Martyn Amla Purifying Cleanser-yrs using this: at least 15! first discovered it: via Ophra’s favorite things!
I have sensitive/dry skin and this cleanser has never given me a problem.
It’s gentle and smells pretty too.
12.Laura Mercier Tinted Mosturizer –yrs using this: at least 10 first discovered it: Recommended my friend Adina. I’ve tried to get on board with CC creams and BB creams and primers and even different tinted moisturizers, but have come back to this one so many times that now I’ve finally stopped looking to switch.
It’s light weight but adds just enough color to look pretty but still natural.
I don’t feel like I’m coated in makeup when I wear this…plus it has a little SPF and it’s moisturizing!
I wear the nude shade.
13. Lancome Le Crayon Khôl EyeLineryrs using this: SINCE HIGH SCHOOL! first discovered it: via a department store makeover in NYC.
Granted I use a lot less since my high school days, just a thin subtle touch now…but I think this is the one beauty product that I’ve stuck with for decades!
14. HS Flatiron-yrs using this: at least 5 first discovered it:
This was recommended by my hairstylist here in CT.
I’ve been flat ironing my hair since the nineties…so I’ve gone through a considerable number of flat irons through the years.
The expensive ones the cheap ones…you name it.
This one is priced right and mine has lasted over a year now!
I tend not to use a hair dryer and opt for air drying because this has so much heat.
15. Pro Facial Steamer –yrs using this: only a few months- this is the only beauty product I bought last year that I LOVE! first discovered it: Recommended by a podcast.
Great for dry wintry skin.
16. Micellar Cleansing Water –yrs using this: about 2- first discovered it: From a pharmacist in Italy!
You can read about it here…love it so much I wrote a whole post about it!
17. Shu Uemura Eye Eyelash Curler-yrs using this: at least 15 first discovered it:From an Allure beauty awards round up.
It’s the best for catching and curling and pushing up every lash and making you look more awake!
So as you can see, when I love a product I tend to stick with it for years!
The few beauty products I tend to experiment with are mascara (right now loving this one by Nars) eye brow pencils and gels (loving this one) lip glosses (tend to favor these a lot), shampoos, conditioners and face masks.
I love to learn about new cult favorites! Especially if you have a great eye cream which can diminish fine lines:)
So if you have any tried and true favorites, I’d LOVE to know about it in the comments!
PS: Five self care at home beauty favorites and even more beauty products with staying power!
Thank you !
Great post! I have never used a silk case, I thought it would be so hot! I get so hot while sleeping…
I use religiously DHC’s Olive Oil cleanser and their Velvet Skin Coat as a makeup primer. Amazing.
I have also just found the Christophe Robin hair products…Wonderful.
Great list of products! Many of these are my favorites too. Now I feel compelled to try those that I haven't tried yet! Funny thing, I recently purchased a silk pillowcase at Bloomingdale's. I was debating whether to return it since it seemed a little extravagant. Putting that on my pillow tonight!
Question for you….do you find that your silk pillow case is stained by all your facial products? I use oils on my skin and night and wonder if it would ruin this type of pillowcase. Thanks Sue!
No I don't see that- but I only use the one face moisturizer at night (the Tracie Martyn one) and it absorbs pretty quickly!