Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake?
Well, it is September and I’m craving a little something sweet and pumpkin spicy…
The Keto part? That’s me, trying to put a healthy-ish spin on things.
However, this pumpkin spice mug cake is legit Keto friendly and SO easy and delicious!
It’s also gluten free.
I know you’re going to love this.
Super Easy Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake Servings: 1 serving
Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 60-90 seconds Total Time: 5 minutes
Kitchen Appliances: Microwave
2 Tablespoons almond flour
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
2 Tablespoons granulated Swerve sweetener
a few drops of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (this can be fresh or canned)
Optional: Whipped topping –personally I do not skimp or skip the whipped cream!
Also, adding a smidge of cream cheese to this mix makes it a little more decadent!
Mug cakes are so easy, which is why they’re probably one of my favorite desert recipes.
Keto Pumpkin Mug Cake Directions:
- In a mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flower, swerve, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt. Stir with a fork until well mixed. Of course you can do this in a mixing bowl if it’s easier and then simply transfer the batter to the mug.
- Add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until the cake solidifies on top and pulls awayfrom the mug on the sides.
- Serve with whipped topping and extra pumpkin spice.
Tips on how to cook a mug cake:
The key to cooking the perfect mug cake is patience.
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to complete, so take your time and make it right!
Follow these steps to cook the perfect mug cake, every time.
How to cook a mug cake:
This is good advice in general for all mug cake recipes.
- Mix the dry ingredients first. Because you aren’t using a hand mixer, using a fork to break up the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients will ensure you don’t have a lumpy mug cake.
- Stir the wet ingredients just until combined. Over mixing can make the cake tough. If you start the recipe by thoroughly combining the dry ingredients, it shouldn’t take more than a minute to break up the egg and make sure the wet ingredients are well integrated.
- Cook Slowly. After the initial 60 second cook time, check your mug cake every 30 seconds.
How do I know when the pumpkin mug cake is done?
The top should be set and the sides will pull away from the mug just slightly.
You can also check to see if it’s done by inserting a toothpick or knife in the center of the mug.
When it comes out clean, your cake is done.
It’s so easy – mug cakes are quickly becoming one of my favorite dessert recipes.
This keto mug cake does have a few health benefits.
Almond Flour is low carb, high in protein and loaded with magnesium, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats.
Coconut Flour is high in fiber and MCTs, it may promote stable blood sugar and aid in good digestion.
The almond flour coconut flour combination here packs a lot of healthy nutrients.
Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A and is a natural antioxidant that may boost your immunity.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the nutrition information.
Let me know in the comments if you make it and how you liked it.
Also, let me know if you’d like to see more keto recipes or keto low carb recommendations in general.
PS: For another healthy and delicious snack, perfect for back to school – don’t miss this granola recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated Swerve
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- few drops Vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- In a mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt.
- Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla - stir until well mixed.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, or until the cake solidifies on top and pulls away from the mug on the sides.
- Serve with whipped topping and extra pumpkin spice and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase something, I may get a small commission from it at no cost to you. For more info, please read my disclaimer. I only refer things that I truly love and hope you will too!