So, I figured we can all use a little comfort food right now.
I made this chocolate chip banana bread the other night and put in on my Instagram stories.
Afterwards, a few people asked for the recipe, so here it is!
Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
I first got the recipe for this old fashioned chocolate chip banana bread from another mom in my oldest child’s nursery school class.
She would make this for playdates.
It was SO good, I had to have the recipe.
All these years later, it’s still my favorite.
And, while you’re mixing this up in the kitchen – you can listen to one of these podcasts!
I tend to lean into baking when I’m feeling a little anxious.
My idea of comfort food is a warm, “fresh from the oven” banana bread with mini chocolate chips.
Crucial to this recipe are the mini chips.
I’ve tried making it with regular size chocolate chips, but they tend to all sort of sink to the bottom of the loaf pan.
Which, of course, becomes the top when you serve it.
Not the same as the mini chips which are so little they stay afloat while baking.
This leads to a better chip ratio in the bread…
Hope you enjoy this!
If you make it – let me know.
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter, melted (preferably salted)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 small pinch of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan (we use butter for this)
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and mash until it becomes smooth.
- Add in the melted butter until well combined.
- Add the sugar, beaten egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, flour and cinnamon and mix until the batter is pretty smooth.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips and then pour the batter into your greased loaf pan.
- Top with a few extra mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes to an hour or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Slice it up and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 245mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
PS: Speaking of bananas – this healthy peanut butter smoothie is SO delicious!