This super easy chocolate chip bundt cake recipe has been a comfort food staple in my family for as long as I can remember.
Adding a little zhush to a store bought cake mix, it’s right up my ally, hope you love it!
Super Easy Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Recipe
This is pure comfort food.
Just like this Banana Bread recipe, in case you’re looking for more!
Not going to pretend it’s anything but a doctored up cake box recipe.
We all actually called it “idiot cake” growing up – as in any idiot can make it!
But I grew eating this cake and then later as a teenager, making it often with friends.
The meaning behind this cake to me is so layered and so sentimental, like any good comfort food should be.
So much so that this little recipe was a part of a theme at my bridal shower, many years ago.
If you can stand a little corny family stuff right now, here’s just a glimpse of the meaning of this cake.
And, also a small window into my cooking and baking “skills”…
Tucked away with this recipe card is the cute little poem my mom wrote and read to me at my shower:
“Although this recipe is Aunt May’s (sorta)
I feel it’s mine in many ways (I oughta)
Sue, remember when you and your friend set out to bake this idiot cake.
The memory of this still, to this day, makes me quake.
To make it faster,
you used the mix master.
The two of you, unaware and not knowing,
Lifted the blades while it was still going!
And instantly saw what was the matter,
All over the place was flying batter.
Now every time I look at this recipe
I find myself laughing and I know you’ll agree.
Cause it’s splattered with specks of chocolate debris!
PS: To the list of instructions I added another
ALWAYS SHUT OFF the mixer
and listen to your mother!”
OK, here’s the short and simple easy chocolate chip bundt cake recipe!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (we use Duncan Hines Deep Chocolate)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large bundt pan using spray, oil or butter.
- Beat all ingredients in mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. (or whisk them together by hand)
- Then add 1 large package of chocolate chips.
- Pour into large bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife when you take it out of the oven.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before turning it over onto a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 111mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g