Let’s talk about how to make your room cozy.
As the weather gets cooler and we start to spend more time indoors, I love to up the cozy vibe in our home.
If you’re also feeling inspired to add some cozy little touches to your home, I’ve got ten simple ways to get you started.
So let’s get into the best way to make a room feel cozy.
10 Warm and Cozy Bedroom Ideas
1.Lots of texture. Using a variety of textures can really make big difference, so this is the first thing I want to mention. For example, when we started with this small bedroom in our beach house (in the image below), it was a plain white room. The easiest way to make this room feel warm and cozy is by adding all of these natural textures. For example, the baskets on the wall and throw blankets on the bed, make the space feel so much more inviting.
2. Add plenty of fluffy pillows. Here are some great looking neutral throw pillows. When creating your own cozy oasis, if you really want to go the extra mile – consider a heated mattress topper for the winter months. Now that’s truly some cozy bedding!
3. A warm color scheme with neutral tones and touches. I’m super partial to using neutral grass cloth wallpaper in a bedroom.
4. Add warm wood touches and natural materials. This is a great way to get a cozy vibe with a professional interior designer look to it.
5. Add an area rug. Like a vintage Turkish runner.
6. Use several lighting sources. Add in some soft light – light fixtures like floor lamps, table lamps, and sconces – as overhead lighting alone can often feel quite cold and stark. When it comes to thinking about your light source for each room, this professional interior design tip will make a huge difference.
7. Add a touch of nature or some natural elements. Think fresh flowers or a small house plant or two. Regardless of your available natural light, there’s a house plant which can thrive in your home. Also, house plants have so many unexpected benefits!
8. Your favorite chair is the perfect place to add a cozy throw, like a faux fur.
9. Give your cozy room a personal touch with calming pieces of art with wam colors and a soothing color palette.
10. Lots and lots of books! What could be cozier than a small space which serves as a reading nook full of your favorite books?
Making a room cozy on a budget.
When it comes to a cozy room, you don’t need to spend a lot of money.
Shopping your own home is a great way to get that cozy feel and doesn’t take a lot of time.
Adding an extra blanket or quilt to the foot of the bed (even if it’s just decorative, it adds a layer of texture to the rest of the room) is another easy way to create an inviting bedroom.
Of course most of these ideas will work for a guest room or a cozy living room set up as well.
SHOP ALL THE COZY ROOM IDEAS HERE:
The overall idea is simply a comfortable atmosphere.
I hope you enjoyed these quick tips for on how to get a cozy home this fall.
FOR EVEN MORE HOME DECOR INSPIRATION:
Be sure to check out these posts by clicking on each title below –
A few more things…
In this group – members share photos with their design questions and dilemmas from their own home.
We all chime in with our best advice! We also spill our best sources and tips – so it’s great for sourcing hard to find items and pieces.
Lastly, to help you even further with your home projects, download my FREE DESIGN CHEAT SHEET, it’s loaded with all sorts of quick tips and handy measurements.
Sign up below grab that, because it’ll be super helpful!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase something, I may get a small commission from it at no cost to you. For more info, please read my disclaimer. I only refer things that I truly love and hope you will too!