Let’s talk about how to make your room cozy.
As the weather gets cooler and we start to spend more time indoors, I love to up the cozy vibe in our home.
If you’re also feeling inspired to some cozy little touches to your home, I’ve got ten simple ways to get you started.
So let’s get into the best way to make a room feel cozy.
10 Warm and Cozy Bedroom Ideas
1.Lot’s of texture. For example, when we started with this small bedroom in our beach house (in the image below), it was a stark white room.Adding the natural textures of the baskets to the wall, make the space feel so much more inviting.
2. Add plenty of fluffy pillows. Some great looking neutral throw pillows.
3. A warm color scheme with neutral tones and touches I’m super partial to using neutral grass cloth wallpaper in a bedroom.
4. Warm wood touches.
5. Add an area rug. Like a vintage Turkish runner.
6. Use several lighting sources (light fixtures like: floor lamps, table lamps, sconces)
7. Add a touch of nature. House plants have so many unexpected benefits!
8. A cozy throw, like a faux fur .
10. Lots and lots of books (what could be cozier than a reading nook?)
Making a room cozy on a budget.
When it comes to a cozy room, you don’t need to spend a lot of money.
In fact, you probably already own several throw pillows, knit throws or an extra small fluffy rug.
Shopping your own home is a great way to get that cozy feel and doesn’t take a lot of time.
You can also simply add a scented candle or essential oil diffuser, and some fresh greenery to your bedside table for an instant cozy space.
Of course most of these ideas will work for a cozy living room set up as well.
SHOP ALL THE COZY ROOM IDEAS HERE:
FOR EVEN MORE HOME DECOR INSPIRATION:
Be sure to check out these posts by clicking on each title below –
A few more things…
In this group – members share photos with their design questions and dilemmas from their own home.
We all chime in with our best advice! We also spill our best sources and tips – so it’s great for sourcing hard to find items and pieces.
Lastly, to help you even further with your home projects, download my FREE DESIGN CHEAT SHEET, it’s loaded with all sorts of quick tips and handy measurements.
Sign up below grab that, because it’ll be super helpful!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase something, I may get a small commission from it at no cost to you. For more info, please read my disclaimer. I only refer things that I truly love and hope you will too!